Project 1: Who is Xavier?

 What's up world, class, or whoever else is reading this, I am Xavier Yon. As an artist I would say my vision is to create music that spreads a message of understanding patience with the world and ourselves. I struggle a lot with the idea that I have to be at a certain level, specifically within the music industry to have a body of work that is respected. It takes a toll on me a lot of times because it takes away my ability to enjoy the things that I have done and to appreciate the work that I have put in through the many years of creating music. It sucks when you work so hard on something that you put a lot of time and effort into and then feeling like you didn't accomplish your goal due to the lack of acknowledgment from the world. Everyday I struggle with this type of feeling, but when I create my songs I want to do the opposite. I try my best to leave messages in my songs that surround the idea of taking care of yourself and realizing that even the smallest of things that you do contribute to a greater good and is an accomplishment in itself. I know especially in our world today it's so easy to get caught up in other peoples "success". It can make you feel worthless or unproductive and I want to create something that either takes that negative thought away or to let whoever is listening to know that having those type of emotions is okay to have but to not let it take them off of their course. Below is a quote that I found in "the medium is the MASSAGE" that I believe connects really well to some of my music and other art

The medium, or process, of our time—electric tech- nology—is reshaping and restructuring patterns of social interdependence and every aspect of our personal life. It is forcing us to reconsider and re- evaluate practically every thought, every action, and every institution formerly taken for granted.


5hrDemo



It's All Love 


Autocrrect




Comments

  1. I really relate to your narrative of self and art's worth and its seeming depreciation through the judgment of others. I can't remember the number of times my heart took a shot when I found out my test score wasn't as good as my friends or my instagram post got less likes then I hoped. On that note, I think the quote you chose is perfect for the subject. It feels like modern media and globalized trends force me to constantly rethink who I am and if my appearance is "cool" or "up to date." It feels that every decision people make now are not only our own, but are instead influenced by people we will never even see in our lives. With that, I appreciate what you said with your inspiration for your music. In such a world as the one we live in, its probably more important now than ever to spread a message of self-love and self-worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you told us about struggle and concern you have when you work on what you love to do, it hit me so so much because I do feel in the same way when I work on my music production. Putting ourselves into challenging situations, like within the music industry, I feel like it's hard not to think about others and compare with them. I just really like how you try to keep true meaning for you to produce music. And even if it's just a bit, I feel lucky that I could get to know about the inside of you as an artist. So excited to listen to your music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do like your artwork and your music that you been presenting too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything We Do (is music) Soundscape

Allatonceness (final final)