print/book/and exhibition

 The best part of this class had to have been the exhibition for our prints. I never had any photos of mine ever hung up in a gallery setting, so to see my work hung up on the walls was super cool to see. I've said it many times in class but this project has made me ambitious to work on my photography. It's a skill I never really tried out,  but when I was out and about taking photos it brought me a sense of peace. Unlike music I din't have to work with sounds which a lot of times makes me exhausted. But when I was editing a photo I felt like I could work longer than I would with the music.

One thing I really loved about the editing side of photography is the ability to completely change whatever the original photo was into a whole other type of idea. I found myself completely going overboard on certain settings, not really knowing what I was doing but eventually getting a product that I ended up falling in love with. The main example I can think of was the sun roof of my car. In the original photo the sunroof is just your classic dusty and unclean window. But as I messed with the saturation and other color grading tools I ended up with something that reminded me of watching the hulk movie. I could only think of the green gama that was flowing through hulks body.

McLuhan Quote: "whoever sharpens our perception tends to be antisocial; rarely "well- adjusted," he cannot go along with currents and trends."


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything We Do (is music) Soundscape

Project 1: Who is Xavier?

Our Natural Selves